Monday 6 July 2009

Tynwald Day

Spent a couple of hours mostly weeding and checking on things, looking for catepillars on the cauliflower, cabbage and sprouts. Harvested the very first lettuce and another bunch of the French Breakfast Radish.

Planted some more spring onions (redmate and white lisbon) and some organic spinach.

Total so far :-

Raddish (French Breakfast) - 5 bunches
Lettuce (Little Gem) - 1
Rocket - 1 bag


Peas and beans were only planted about 3 weeks ago but are doing quite well now, added a second level of string to give them something extra to climb up.

Courgettes started at home at the start of June seem to be catching up a bit now, the smaller ones behind were planted out at the end of last week.

Potatoes, maincrop are starting to flower, I's sure I read somewhere that they should be fed when that happens, must check on that one.

My very 1st tiny tomato, one of the things I'm really looking forward to is my own tomatoes, just hope they grow and rippen ok. I've been planting some of the larger side stems that have been removed so hopefully if they take I'll be able to add to my rather small collection of tomato plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment