Wednesday 15 July 2009

I'll have a Pea Please !

The very first peas !! Not much of a meal to share between two !!



Lettuce growing well. Using this Lolla Rossa as cut and come again.

One of the two rows of Sping Onions planted at the start of June.

Couldn't wait any longer so had a rummage around the early potatoes and found a couple of still quite small but perfectly formed new poatoes, not enough to make it worthwile boiling, but a minute in the microwave and eaten with some butter melted over them - delicious.

I read last night that I should take the flowers off the potatoes so that they're not using up energy to produce flowers, pity to loose then as they're quite nice really, but removed them anyway.

One of the mystery herbs in the garden at home, in my eagerness to sow the herbs some of the lables I made didn't last the first shower, so not quite sure what this one is, but its doing quite well !
I presume this is fennell, but still not 100% certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment