Wednesday 20 May 2009

At last !

At last the weather has been dry enough to get the second pass with the tractor done, which means I can start to plant.

First thing to go in was these potatoes, 2 rows of lates on the right and one of earlies on the left, right at the back of the plot by the hedge - unfortunately I lost the bags they came in so dont know the varieties, they just came from B&Q, maybe I can find something on their website to give me a clue ?

Great feeling to have something planted at last, cant wait to see if they all grow !

I tried a bit of an experiment on the last few at the far ends of the rows, I'd read that potatoes will grow from just a small section of seed potatoe, so cut a few up and we'll see how they compare to the 'whole' ones planted.

No comments:

Post a Comment